Thursday, October 31, 2019

Congrats Nats! plus some Updates

2019 has been a year for franchises' first championships: The NHL's St. Louis Blues won their first Stanley Cup, the NBA's Toronto Raptors won their first NBA title, and now the Washington Nationals have won their first World Series!

I've always had a place in my heart for the Nationals, as I live in an area where their games are broadcast, so they're semi-local. I also was a fan of the Expos, and seeing the franchise finally win it all was pretty exciting to me. From the beginning of the playoffs, they were the team I was hoping would take home the World Series trophy, and they did it. They got one for Mr. National, Ryan Zimmerman, who's nearing the end of his career, and a long list of veterans got their first as well. Really glad this happened. The Astros were a tough opponent, but the Nats stepped up when it counted most and got the job done. I can't think of a better ending to the 2019 baseball season.

Now that it's over, I've updated a few of my lists. You can check them out here:

The Run That Clinched It
Back-to-Back World Series With Different Franchises
One At-Bat, One Home Run

No comments:

Post a Comment