Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Predictions For 2014

Since Opening Day is nearly upon us, I thought I would put down my preseason predictions, and at the end of the season, we'll see how horribly wrong (or horribly right, as the case may be) they were.

NL West

1. Los Angeles Dodgers
2. San Francisco Giants
3. Arizona Diamondbacks
4. Colorado Rockies
5. San Diego Padres

NL Central

1. St. Louis Cardinals
2. Chicago Cubs (WC)
3. Cincinnati Reds
4. Pittsburgh Pirates
5. Milwaukee Brewers

NL East

1. Washington Nationals
2. Atlanta Braves (WC)
3. Philadelphia Phillies
4. New York Mets
5. Miami Marlins

AL West

1. Texas Rangers
2. Oakland Athletics
3. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
4. Seattle Mariners
5. Houston Astros

AL Central

1. Detroit Tigers
2. Kansas City Royals (WC)
3. Cleveland Indians
4. Chicago White Sox
5. Minnesota Twins

AL East

1. New York Yankees
2. Tampa Bay Rays (WC)
3. Boston Red Sox
4. Baltimore Orioles
5. Toronto Blue Jays

Playoffs:

NL Wild Card: Atlanta over Chicago
AL Wild Card: Kansas City over Tampa Bay

NLDS 1: Los Angeles over Atlanta
NLDS 2: St. Louis over Washington
ALDS 1: New York over Kansas City
ALDS 2: Texas over Detroit

NLCS: St. Louis over Los Angeles
ALCS: New York over Texas

World Series: New York Yankees over St. Louis Cardinals


I don't think any of my picks are too "out there," except my pick of the Cubs to win a Wild Card spot. Why am I picking them to win it, when the universal consensus is that the Cubs are at least a year away from contending? That's a secret. Even so, I have them losing the useless play-in game, so it won't much matter anyway.

Though baseball hates me, and I'm expecting another rotten ending to the season, maybe the regular season will have some memorable moments. I'm expecting the Royals to be this year's Pirates, so that'll be this year's fun ride. Let's do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment